The NWU offers more than just an education: they offer people a place in the world. Academically, students benefit from great choice and flexibility, enabling them to fulfill their potential and start preparing for their careers. GroupWise NWU is the official email service of the NWU. This service enables the user to make use of the GroupWise Email and Calendaring functionality.
Groupwise NWU | North West University (NWU) Service Targets
- 1GB mailbox.
- Resources can be created in GroupWise, for example a venue that can be booked or an email address used for a conference.
- The Spam Filter service may be used to help prevent spam before it enters your GroupWise mailbox (proactive) or manage spam in your GroupWise mailbox (reactive).
- Webmail can be used to access your mail when off-campus.
The staff member’s name and surname is derived from the data entered by Human Capital. Thus any changes to the staff member’s name or surname should be reported to Human Capital.
Groupwise NWU | North West University (NWU) User Responsibilities
Contact your IT Service Desk.
Incorrect telephone extentions in GroupWise are to be reported via IT-Support portal.
- Guidelines regarding Email Etiquette
- Rules and Guidelines for the use of Electronic Mail
- Manage the size of your GroupWise mailbox – best practices in archiving
- Ways to manage your calendar
- Application form for a GroupWise Resource
- Implementation of electronic NWU signature
Termination of Service:
- The account will be disabled 1 month after the Mailbox Owner has become inactive
- 6 months after the account has been disabled the account will be deleted irreversibly
- After 1 year any email address personalization will be reset to allow reuse, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the responsibility of the Mailbox Owner to forward all mail that needs to be kept either to the Mailbox Owner’s private email address or another Mailbox Owner’s email address before the account becomes disabled. Archived email needs to be unarchived and forwarded by the Mailbox Owner
Please note that once a mailbox has been purged it is gone.
How to access Groupwise NWU | North West University (NWU)
As soon as you save the details, you will receive an email with your login details and password. Now, after you have created your login profile, you have to follow these steps to log into your North West University NWU GroupWise.
Follow these easy steps:
- Step 1. Go to the NWU GroupWise Login page via the official link –https://webmail.nwu.ac.za/login
- Step 2. Login using your username (Student ID number) and password. A login screen appears upon successful login.
- Step 3. If you still can’t access NWU GroupWise Login then see Troubleshooting options here.
Groupwise NWU | North West University (NWU)Troubleshoots
- Make sure the CAPS Lock is on/off.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Make sure the internet connection is available and you’re definitely online before trying again.
- Avoid using VPN.
- In case you have forgotten your password then follow these instructions.
- Navigate to the Password Reset option.
- Click Forgot password? an follow instructions as provided on the page –https://webmail.nwu.ac.za/login
- If you still can’t get into your account, contact the NWU ICT help desk and they will be in touch to help you ASAP.