Internal Audit Supervisor Vacancy At The University of Fort Hare
The University of Fort Hare seeks to appoint for the following vacancy:
INTERNAL AUDIT SUPERVISOR
- Assisting the Senior Internal Auditor and the Chief Internal Auditor to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the University’s system of internal controls, governance and risk management processes.
- The role will also evaluate the University’s compliance with approved policies, procedures, acts and regulations.
- Further, the role is to review the activities of Internal Auditors, to ensure that Internal Audit objectives are achieved and assigned tasks are completed on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Internal Audit or Computer Science or Business Information Systems / BTech in Internal Audit.
- Be registered in IIASA / ISACA
- At least 5 years of Internal Audit experience with a minimum of two years as a supervisor.
- Experience in data models and reporting packages (BI Tools)
- Experience in TeamMate
- Experience in ACL will be an added advantage
- Experience in reviewing ITS will be an added advantage
- Professional Internal Auditor (PIA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or in the process of obtaining it.
- Assist with the development of a three-year and annual risk-based.
- Assist in developing training programs for the internal audit department.
- Allocate specific audit engagements to subordinates and discuss with them the engagement objectives, scope, timing, and responsibilities.
- Participate in opening meetings with client to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement to client and provide an overview of all steps in the audit process.
- Develop engagement letter for each audit.
- Ensure that the audit plan is carried out in line with the approved methodology.
- Review work performed by Junior Internal Auditors on all projects.
- Ensure completeness of audit files.
- Take part in discussions of findings and recommendations with senior internal auditor and clients at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues.
- Assist in Ad Hoc Projects and research assignments.
- Assist in the preparation of reports to Senior Management, Audit, Risk and IT Committee and Council.
- Performance appraisal of Internal Audit staff.
- Daily supervision and development of subordinates through performance evaluations, coaching and one-on-one meetings.
- Assist in the facilitation of risk assessment for all University Departments and Subsidiaries
- Assist in collecting and co-ordinating material for the quarterly Audit, Risk and IT Committee meetings.
- A thorough and current knowledge of internal audit practices, risk management and governance requirements.
- Understanding of the University regulatory frameworks, i.e. Higher Education Act, Reporting Regulations as per Higher Education Act, KING IV, International Financial Reporting Standards, International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditors, etc.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to “think outside the box” and apply creative and constructive thinking to proposed recommendations for improvements to internal process, procedures and policies
- Excellent communication and listening skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
Closing Date: 30 November 2022
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- Visit the Website ufh.ac.za/jobs for a more comprehensive advert and to apply online. Applications must clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the SUBJECT LINE.
- Submit the motivation and resume as well as supporting documents namely; ID/passport, certificates and three work-related referees, on the application website.
- Note that for all re-advertised positions this advert supersedes the one advertised previously owing to modifications made. Candidates who have previously applied are requested to re-apply.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only.
Queries can be directed to Ms M. Gumede on firstname.lastname@example.org and 043 704 7190
The University reserves the right NOT to make a permanent appointment at this stage.
University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile.
Leave a Reply