About Michaelhouse Balgowan
Michaelhouse is a full boarding senior school for boys founded in 1896. It is located in the Balgowan valley in the Midlands of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. St. Michael’s Diocesan College was founded in Pietermaritzburg in 1896 by James Cameron Todd, an Anglican canon. The school was established as a private venture with fifteen boys in two small houses in Loop Street. James Cameron Todd had a clear idea of what he wanted the school to be. He wrote: “A man’s tone, moral and spiritual, as well as intellectual, is largely determined for life by his school.”
Within a few years, Michaelhouse became the Diocesan College of Natal, governed by a permanent trust deed and administered by a board of governors. In 1901 the school relocated to Balgowan, when some 77 boys took up residence in the buildings which remain the core to the school to this day. Its name was later changed to Michaelhouse. The school adopted the 9th century chorale of the Morning as its official school hymn.
Michaelhouse Balgowan registration
For Michaelhouse registration details, Students or parents should visit the Michaelhouse registration office or register online through the school’s official website.
Michaelhouse application forms
If you are a parent and would like your child to join the Michaelhouse. Michaelhouse has released application forms for the current academic session. Candidates who wish to apply for admission at Michaelhouse need to achieve Michaelhouse registration have to:
- Visit Michaelhouse registration office and collect the application form, Or.
- Download Michaelhouse application forms pdf here
Michaelhouse contact details
If you have been looking for Michaelhouse contact details for admission and application support or any other query related to Michaelhouse. Check the School Contact details below.
- Michaelhouse email address: email@example.com
- General School: +27 33 234 1000
- Rector’s Personal Assistant: +27 33 234 1165
- Marketing: +27 33 234 1153
- Admissions: +27 33 234 1141
- Sanatorium: +27 33 234 1103
- Operations: +27 33 234 1124
- Old Boys` Club: +27 33 234 1167
- Bursary: +27 33 234 1003
- Transport: +27 33 234 1170
- Community Partnerships Trust: +27 33 234 1234
- Old Boys` Club: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions: email@example.com
For details regarding Michaelhouse fees, applications, and subjects offered please make sure to contact the institution using the details listed above.
- Non-refundable registration fee: ZAR 950
- Annual Board and Tuition E to A Block: ZAR 328 000
- Voluntary Development Levy: ZAR 5900
- Debtors Admin Fee: ZAR 4650
(For SA residents not paying by debit order)
(For Non SA residents that do not pay fees in advance)
- Non-refundable acceptance fee:
RSA resident: ZAR 41 000 for 2022 (half a term’s fee)
Non-resident: ZAR 82 000 for 2022 (full term’s fee)
- Non SA resident refundable deposit: ZAR 82 000
- Fees after 3% discount for payment in advance: ZAR 316 520
Additional charges levied:
Stationery and textbooks and personal purchases.
Michaelhouse Matric Exam Results
Students can check Matric results through the official department of education website directions or directly consult Michaelhouse Balgowan to collect their matric results after being released.
Access the Michaelhouse official website for more details on the Michaelhouse news and updates. Visit the Michaelhouse website here: https://www.michaelhouse.org/
Leave a Reply