Software Quality Assurance at Wits ICT in Johannesburg ZA
Job Title SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST.3.04
Location Johannesburg, ZA
Organization Name Wits ICT
- The major purpose of this role is to understand, plan, prepare and test all and any systems changes or enhancements in order to maintain stable computer systems for the business.
- In this position the incumbent will be responsible for the preparation and implementation of test scenarios, test plans, and defect management, as well as the testing of software in accordance with the company’s specifications.
- Extract requirements and tailor criteria for the testing process.
- Interact with stakeholders to determine requirements.
- Design a new hybrid process for testing and document Testing Process Guidelines.
- Develop Testing Continuous Improvement Plan.
- Create core functionality manual test scripts.
- Conduct Regression testing, Functional testing, and User Acceptance testing.
- Develop Test Plans, Test Cases and ensure that the Wits ICT team follows the testing standards, guidelines, and testing methodology as specified in the testing approach.
- Execute Test cases using HP ALM/ Quality Center test management tool
- Understand the Defect management life cycle
- Inter/Intra departmental communication.
- Any recognised IT Diploma/Degree qualification or equivalent
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board)/ recognized Formal Software Testing training
- 1 – 2 years as a Tester in the software development industry or
- 2 years of software development teams
- ISTQB Foundation Certified.
- Agile Certified.
- Experience working in a higher education institution.
- Team player.
- Good understanding of HP ALM/ Quality Center, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn
HOW TO APPLY
Please note that applications have to be done through iRecruitment only. No hardcopies or emails should be submitted.
By submitting an application for this post the Applicant acknowledges that their personal information will be processed by the University. The Applicant, by their conduct in proceeding with an application for this position, gives their consent to the processing of their personal information as required by the University’s Recruitment, Selection and Appointment Policy. Such processing includes logging their information on the University’s recruitment systems and disclosing their personal information to University employees identified to take part in the selection and recruitment process. The Applicant consents to any further processing of their personal information as may be required for relevant verification and reference check purposes. The confidentiality of the Applicant’s personal information will be maintained.
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.
Closing Date: 23 November 2022