Senior Manager Swift & Fin Surv Ops Vacancy
Location: Roodepoort, ZA
Senior Manager Swift & Fin Surv. Operations
To develop and implement the functional and business strategy by aligning the different units in the business to ensure growth (people; finances; technology) and to assume overall accountability for the direction; industry positioning; sustainable performance; competitiveness and transformation of the Function; and develop; integrate; institutionalise the strategy; leadership; products; solutions; initiatives; channels; people; process; culture; management and systems.
- Meet profit & cost targets without compromising service delivery or long-term growth /sustainability, by making decisions that will deliver both immediate and long-standing results thus ensuring sustainability.
- Meet and sustain business growth, market share, revenue and message targets through crafting proper business plans ahead of time
- Determine, agree and set budget and financial targets with the business by building from the micro market level-up opportunities.
- Design budgets and business unit plans to satisfy key internal, external and market stakeholders through developing sound business cases.
- Build mutually rewarding relationships with clients through understanding and meeting their needs, by creating client value propositions relevant to the target audience and regularly meeting those clients’ expectations.
- Develop constructive & productive relationships with governance bodies, empowerment partners, regulators & communities to earn their trust and enhance Nedbank’s reputation by attending business meetings.
- Negotiate fees and service level agreements with product providers by continuous engagements.
- Optimise and invest in key technology (inclusive of disruptive technologies ie. iRPA, ML, AR),systems and processes continuously to drive productivity and efficiencies.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the Debi-Check products as well as domestic product financial flows such as – Magtapes, Collections, Disputes, Unpaids, EFT Payments
- Familiarity with the new message standards ISO20022
+/-10 direct/indirect reports
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
Minimum Experience Level
- Knowledge and understanding of SWIFT, Fin Surv and Banking Operations
- 10 years Banking Operations management experience, with a minimum of 5 years in people management/leadership and managing multi-disciplinary teams at different levels
- Experience within the South African Financial Banking Industry as it pertains to Domestic and Cross border payments.
- Overall Knowledge and experience of the various payment challenges within banking operations such as Debi-Check products as well as domestic product financial flows such as – Magtapes, Collections, Disputes, Unpaids, EFT Payments, ISO, RTC, DC, Nostro, Vostro.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business administration and management
- Capacity planning
- Change management
- Client service management
- Communication Strategies
- Diversity management
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Strategic planning
- Customer Focus
- Inspiring Excellence
- Business Savvy
- Driving Execution
- Sharing Responsibility
- Strategic Influence