Snr Manager Vacancy: Prof Business Serv Sourcing at Telkom
Closing Date 2022/12/12
Reference Number TEL221111-1
Job Title Snr Manager: Prof Business Serv Sourcing
Business Unit Corporate Centre
Service Organisation Procurement Services
Division/Section Procurement servcies
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location – Town / City Hybrid. Work Location is Centurion
Responsible for the execution of the Professional Business Services category and sourcing strategies, in collaboration with internal clients and in line with the Telkom Procurement Policy and aligned to Telkom’s corporate objectives to maximize total cost of ownership savings and procurement value contribution.
Spend & Demand Analysis; Specification Analysis; Supply Market & Competitor Analysis; Value Chain & Total Cost Analysis; Strategic Category Management; Value Identification; Tendering; Contracting/ Legal; Content Management; Reporting & Procurement Controlling; Procurement Applications & MDM; Operational Contract Management; Supplier Relationship Management; Procure to Pay; Spot Buy Execution; e-Sourcing Event Execution
Communicating with Impact; Drive for Results; Team Working; Customer Management; Building Relationships; Project Management & Planning; Strategic Agility; Challenging & Influencing; Process & Policy Adherence; Business and financial analysis; Dealing with Ambiguity; Holding People Accountable; Leading High Performance Teams; Managing & Leading Change
Business Leadership; Market Leadership; Organisational Leadership; Personal Leadership; Thought Leadership; CHART Values
Responsible for the development and execution of the category strategy
- Responsible for the development of the overall PBS category strategy, supported by the Head of Procurement
- Leads the analysis and sets the category spend baseline and development of the category profile, including risk assessment and Supplier Relationship Management strategy
- In collaboration with the cross functional sourcing team, defines the Buying Channel strategy and based on reports, identifies the Buying Channel effectiveness
- Leads the cross functional Consulting, Financial Services and Legal sourcing team and measures category practices against best-in-class benchmarks to identify value delivery initiatives
- Works closely with business owners to ensure alignment to budgets and demand plan, Business Unit strategy, overall corporate strategy and leading practice
- Leads the medium to complex supplier selection, identification of potential strategic partners and fact-based negotiations for the category
- Manages the strategy implementation and sourcing execution against the established measures and controls in alignment with the overall KPI framework
- Spend under management of R800 Million Per Annum and deal sizes worth R5 Million-R100 Million
Manages internal customer relationships
- Supports the management of internal customer feedback and query resolution on category and supplier performance
- Administers periodic surveys to measure customer feedback for continuous improvement
- Within the framework of the cross functional sourcing and supplier development teams, closely develops and manages the relationship with internal customers
- Improves and reinforces procurement’s profile and recognition within the internal customer community
- Acts as a source of expert market knowledge, insight and advice to customers
- Supports the development, maintenance and embedding of category-specific Intellectual property and best practice
- Identifies and executes annual productivity improvements within the category
Manages medium to complex supplier relationships and contracts
- In line with the defined procurement strategy, manages the identification, classification and categorisation of professional business services suppliers
- Leads the development and execution of the Go-To-Market and negotiation strategy
- Is responsible for supplier relationship management and performance management
- Executes supplier development activities
- Identifies and recommends supplier innovations and manages implementation
- In collaboration with the Compliance and Risk team, assesses and defines the supplier risk management plan and mitigation actions
Manages contract compliance and payment terms as per Telkom policies
- Closely monitors contract compliance and flags areas of non-compliance for corrective action
- Identifies methods for optimising user compliance and customer satisfaction
Executes high value Spot Buys where required
- Support the team to source high value, unplanned ad hoc demands, to keep control over high spend utilising deep sourcing / category expertise
Manages people performance and development
- Manages the performance, development and implementation of his/her team’s learning and growth plans and provides coaching and mentoring to ensure ongoing learning and development
- Provides comprehensive advice, insights, guidance and service on best practice procurement
CIPS level 6 or MBA will be an advantage.
A three-year degree/diploma on NQF6 level (preferably in supply chain or business/commerce) or CIPS level5 is required.
7 years of experience in the Strategic Sourcing or Category Management environment, preferably with a minimum of 3 years in professional business services sourcing.
- Must have a good understanding of the professional business services industry, market and trends.
- Experience in a professional business services sourcing environment with large scale sourcing projects exposure.
- An understanding of the Preferential Procurement Framework Act, NDP, NIPC, ICT sector guides and B-BBEE codes.
- Detailed knowledge of the professional business services market and trends.
- Knowledge and experience in medium to complex negotiations, contracts management, business finance and strategic cost management.
- Experience in building and managing long term internal and external business relationships.
- Ability to lead and inspire his/her category team and succeed in a fast changing and highly competitive market, keeping the team focused on
- breakthrough procurement strategies and tactics to best leverage the procurement budget.
- Executive presence and credibility; with a focus on unquestionable integrity and management skills that allow for instant credibility with employees, peers and both internal and external customers.