Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, ZA
Company: Capitec Bank Ltd
Who are We?
We’re a bank, but we’re more than that too. We believe that banking is about people and that there’s a simpler way to bank, and that by helping our clients manage their financial lives better, we enable them to live better.
Why Choose Us
At Capitec, we offer our best by being a CEO in every situation – we always put the Client first, act with Energy and take Ownership. And to support people in being their best, Our Employee Value Proposition offers every member of our team value by encouraging their involvement in our organization, creating cohesive teams, and providing growth opportunities as well as employee benefits and savings. We make it priority to ensure that each Capitec person feels known, valued, focused and has the opportunity to grow.
Join Us in Becoming the Best Bank in the World
We appoint people for their potential and continuously look for talented, driven individuals to help us innovate and evolve the banking industry. That’s why we focus on finding the right people for the right jobs. We love what we do – it takes a great team, commitment and dedication to build a brand that we are proud of and that our clients trust.
- To provide strategic technical direction and manage multiple technical teams responsible for the technical delivery of the full product lifecycle; all product features and support and maintenance related tasks in respect of the product
- Oversee the ongoing drive to increase efficiency, optimisation, innovation and people development in these environments.
- At least 5 years’ experience in software development management
- Experience of:
- leading and working in an agile development environment
- crafting roadmaps
- managing a budget
- using technical skills to support and guide a technical team
- to establish priorities and successfully manage deliverables
- utilizing communication and relationship management skills to engage with stakeholders
- using leadership to influence in other areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Information Technology – Computer Science
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- Honours Degree in Commerce or Information Technology – Computer Science
- Functional knowledge particular to the product (e.g. Cash Devices)
- People management and development practices and principles
- Stakeholder management
- Budgeting and accounting principles
- Business analysis and design
- Project Management principles and methodologies
- Banking industry
- Cash Management (Cash Accepting Machines, Dual note Recycler, ATM) environment
- Capitec Bank Systems Environment
- Capitec Bank Business Model
- Agile development principles
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Communications Skills
- Decision making skills
- Influencing Skills
- Interpersonal & Relationship management Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Leading and Supervising
- Planning and Organising
- Working with People
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
Conditions of Employment
- Clear criminal and credit record
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals.