Software Engineer – C# in Cape Town ZA
WE ARE BASH
We are a team of leaders. True owners, humble learners and friends. We’re here to overcome big challenges, build tech solutions for people to enjoy, while doing the best work of our careers, together, as Bash.
This journey requires grit, ambition and teamwork to thrive. We are transforming SA retail for the better; using a stable, secure base as our catalyst for change. We are building on a scale that will test our limits but when we break through, the impact on us and our customers will be profound.
As a Back-end Engineer at Bash.com you’ll be part of a team maintaining and re-inventing our Order Management System, which is core for both our customers and store staff. You’ll work within the Order & Fulfilment tribe offering your expertise to other Engineers.
This position reports to the Order & Fulfilment Team Lead.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
What a day in the life of an Order & Fulfilment engineer at Bash looks like:
- Close collaboration within a team guided by the Scrum development process.
- Manage your JIRA tasks, using ceremonie to remove any ambiguity from your tasks to streamline development
- Assist your team on operational tasks related to the platform.
- Monitoring and alerting of our platform
- Build relationships with developers, product managers and other colleagues
- Influence the team to build resilient, maintainable solutions.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for critical system alerts
- Documentation of processes
WHO YOU ARE:
This job is for you is you are:
- Passionate about technology and problem solving
- A team player attitude and are always ready to support and collaborate
- A data driven decision maker with strong opinions and a bias for action
- A strong communicator who works well with others and welcomes feedback
- A motivated leader who takes initiative and excels by taking ownership
- An experienced developer of web oriented backend services and systems
- Knowledgeable about practical architectural patterns for systems and code
- Experienced in databases, caching, message queues, and similar systems
Skills you already have:
- Your finger on the pulse of industry trends and practices
- Experience in retail and/or an e-commerce environment(s).
- Experience with C#, SQL and plus if you have AWS, Golang or Python experience
- Problem solving skills with a can-do attitude who can apply critical thinking
- Broad knowledge of best practices which cover scale, security, reliability, manageability.
WHERE YOU’LL BE
Our working model is flexible and digital. We don’t clock watch or mind how or where you work. Our leaders are measured by their outputs and they know where and how they will get the job done.
We give agency and enable remote working, most of the time, for the people who want it. We are intentional about connecting and give you the tools & equipment to enable you to do work that matters. We also believe that doing certain types of work happens best organically which is why we encourage our teams to travel so we can make magic happen face to face. Our offices are a vibe. They are decked out to make collaboration easy and help our team create lasting connections with each other.
BASH BENEFITS: WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A seriously smart team of people! We are selective about who joins our team to make sure we’re made up of the best of the best
- Agency: Structures remain flat, accountability wide
- Top $$: The best people, in the right roles, earning at the top tier. Our ethos is about quality and aligning merit and output with the rewards. We believe in reciprocity.
- Saving for your future: Saving is not easy. Taking a chunk monthly for your future is imperative. We provide the fund and support to do just that
- Hackdays: These happen monthly as we push the envelope and give our teams freedom to find the space to do things they have only had time to wonder about
- Quarterly parties: Connection and community is our jam
- Extensive opportunity to learn: Library, blinkist, interest groups and team rotations
- Exclusive shopping discount: Save when you shop across 29 of SAs biggest brands