Software Quality Engineer I Vacancy
Location: Johannesburg, ZA
Requisition Details & Talent Acquisition Contact
REQ 111211 – Keabetswe Modise
Use the automation framework and pre-defined test tools to inspect, analyse, design, develop and implement re-useable automated test assets to quality assure the solution and its architecture to ensure the overall quality of the solution.
- Actively participate in the planning, estimation and sizing of products, features, stories to be delivered.
- Delivery of a well-structure and standard designed, quality assurance solutions within the timelines agreed with the delivery team.
- Report and manage the resolution of issues timeously to avoid unplanned expenses which could result in late delivery and stability issues once operational.
- Contribute to the retrospective reviews to introduce efficiencies which will ensure quicker delivery with high quality to our clients.
- Work closely with Test Leads, Chapter Leads, Developers, Architects, Product Owner and other Stakeholders to meet the expectations of our client.
- Build and foster deep relationship with Peers, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, Product Owner and other Stakeholders though honest communication which align to the Nedbank Values.
- Liaise with Stakeholders across Group Technology to build a network that will align to nWoW.
- Confirm that the automation test suite implemented is appropriately catalogued and aligns with the governance.
Responsible for testing of the system or component testing under load, high-availability, recoverability and other fit for purpose software non-funtional testing.
- Log defects using the pre-defined defect management tool and ensure the relevant information is captured accurately that will assist with the root cause analysis.
- Identify potential product risks and communicate to the QA Lead the details and any possible mitigation factors.
- Collaborate with the stakeholder to ensure the resolution of a defect and that the root cause analysis is performed and recorded.
- Report status of testing to the squad daily.
- Participate in all retrospective reviews.
- Participate in the showcase to stakeholders.
- Understand and manage own time based on expected timelines articulated by the line-management and project expectations.
- Collaborate with Peers and industry experts to understand technical advances and its application within the Nedbank eco-system.
- Seek ongoing improvements in technical capabilities.
Mentor the Software Test Engineers within the team to improve their technical capabilities.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise.
Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute to the Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems though agile thinking.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Bootcamp training in Agile and DevOps.
- ISTQB foundation or equivalent (ISEB)
Type of Exposure
- Experience in an agile development environment using Scrum and/or Extreme Programming
Minimum Experience Level
- 3 to 5 years Test automation experience.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Java Development (Advanced)
- Web Browser Automation (Selenium/ Appium)
- API Automation Tool (REST Assured)
- Behaviour Driven Development (Cucumber/Serenity)
- Version Control Tool/s (Git)
- DevOps – CI/CD (Azure)
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Work Standards
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Building Partnerships
Leave a Reply