Tax Officer Vacancy at Department of Labour ZA
Location: National, ZA
Tax Officer – Requisition Number 119145
FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Manage Self Operational (MSO)
To administer tax calculations and submissions for deceased estates and to add value to the business to create value for our clients.
- Ensure that agreed dates and standards set by SARS are met by performing a reconciliation of the tax balances, tax register, trial balance and General Ledger accounts.
- Obtaining and collating information to complete, pre-death, at date of death and post death taxes
- Making appointments with SARS and uploading of supporting documentation to ensure that details are updated with SARS at all times.
- Prepare reconciliation of deceased estate taxes for review and sign off by the business by ensuring all work meets the standards for quality, quantity, turnaround times and due dates in line with risk and compliance requirements.
- Maintain data on Reporting Systems for all deceased estate clients
- Remain cost aware and reduce non value adding work and waste by reconciling SARS accounts to avoid possible penalties and interest due to SARS.
- Ensure that annual submissions to SARS reconcile and balance back
- Meet client’s needs consistently by addressing and resolving all service desk queries either with SARS – efiling
- Resolve any outstanding queries and concerns arising from any tax related issues by participating in monthly meetings
- Build constructive internal relationships and support internal stakeholders from various clusters across the bank on any Tax compliance issues by advising on correct treatment of certain payments.
- Ensure that payments are made timeously to SARS by adhering to deadlines and quality standards
- Perform reconciliation on shares in respect of provision payments to SARS by making use of appropriate resources. \
- Ensure compliance with Tax law by capturing on efiling, submission of the return and the payments of the liability according to relevant policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and taking corrective action when necessary for all payments to SARS by conducting a consolidated reconciliation of the various payments
- Identify and resolve problems by conducting a post reconciliation of data to ensure that correct payments are made to entities and SARS according to tax periods.
- Reporting deceased estates to SARS timeously and applying for compliance letters
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank Vision and Values by demonstrating the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Ensure knowledge management, continuity and team success through constructive participation in a diverse team and sharing knowledge with team.
Minimum Experience Level
1-2 years tax administrative experience in the financial or banking sector.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Accounting /or Taxation
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Business writing
- Data analysis
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Continuous Learning
- Decision Making
- Managing Work
- Quality Orientation
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Leave a Reply