The University of the Western Cape UWC Online Application window for admission into undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees), Honors degrees & postgraduate diplomas, and Master’s & doctoral qualifications for the current academic year is now open.
If you are an aspirant seeking admission to undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of the Western Cape UWC you must apply for admission Via the University of the Western Cape online application page.
The application window is open for; First-time University of the Western Cape applicants, University of the Western Cape students changing to a new qualification and/or specialization Applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space or who were offered a space, accepted the offer and did not register and students completing a higher certificate or any other programme and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
It is well known that the University of the Western Cape Application for admission for 2023/2024 is a crucial moment anticipated by many students who wish to study at The University of the Western Cape (UWC) for undergraduate and Postgraduate qualifications for the 2023/2024 academic year
To assure that your application is successfully submitted to the University of the Western Cape, all applications for admission must be submitted online during the prescribed application period. You are also advised to submit your application before the deadline and consider attaching all the required Documents for the UWC Online Application. Please check this post for details on the University of the Western Cape application dates and deadlines
UWC ONLINE APPLICATION IMPORTANT NOTES
Before applying for admission at The University of the Western Cape (UWC;
- Make sure you meet the admission requirements and the required academic points score for your chosen qualification. Every qualification is unique and may require a specific set of subjects and points to To familiarize yourself with the University of the Western Cape admission requirements here
- Make sure you have done your research to find out what you need to apply. For more details about the University of the Western Cape offered courses and programs, Please Check the University of the Western Cape prospectus here
- Have Valid Contact Details: Ensure that you have a valid cellphone number and email address. The University of the Western Cape corresponds with applicants during and after the application process. Only provide one email address and cellphone number to receive your messages on time.
- Prepared Your Documents: These documents will be required from students applying to study at the University of the Western Cape for the first time. You will need to upload them as part of your application so make sure you have the following before you begin the online process. For all students who wish to apply for admission at the University of the Western Cape are recommended to have the following essential documents/attachments (scanned & uploaded to an electronic device)
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
How to Apply for admission at UWC University of the Western Cape – Apply online at UWC University of the Western Cape for 2023/2024
University of the Western Cape UWC Online Application process can be a little bit challenging especially If you are a new applicant, below you will find a full guide about how to apply for 2023 academic year admission at the University of the Western Cape;
- Step #1: Visit the University of the Western Cape website and click on the Admission > Apply for Admission (UWC Online Application) link for undergraduate students or postgraduate applicants, from there you will be able to make your selection and proceed to the Registration, Application, and document uploading stage. Here is the link to the University of the Western Cape Online application System: https://student.uwc.ac.za/
- Step #2: University of the Western Cape UWC Online Registration; after clicking the link on step one above, it will direct you to the University of the Western Cape Online application System form where you should fill in all the required information, If you are a First-time applicant then you need to get registered first, First-time applicants are applicants that have not used the University of the Western Cape online application system before and have no accounts to enable them to log in to the system using their username and passwords. The information needed during the registration stage includes your name, email, password, type of programme you are applying for, and your qualification mode.
- Step #3: Upload supporting documents; Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and University of the Western Cape students starting a new qualification). The due date for uploading the required documents is the closing date for applications. No documents submitted after the closing date for applications will be accepted. The University of the Western Cape does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the UWC Online Application process.
- Step #4: UWC Application fee payments: Pay the application fee once you’ve received a student number from the University of the Western Cape. Use the student number you receive from the University of the Western Cape and the application fee reference number (ie STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030). Your application will only be accepted and processed once the fee has been paid. Be advised that this is a non-refundable fee.
- Step #6: Submit your completed UWC Online Application: To complete the application; the applicant is required to complete all steps from Home to Submit your application.
UWC Online Application 2023 – Apply For admission at UWC University of the Western Cape
STEP 1 – UWC Online Application
- To apply online, go to: https://www.uwc.ac.za/Students/Admin/Pages/Apply-Online.aspx
- You may apply for a maximum of TWO programme choices
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Dentistry, Community and Health Sciences and Law
- There is NO application fee payable
- Applications close on 30 September 2020
STEP 2 – ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATION
- After completion of the online application form you will receive a letter via email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application
- The acknowledgment letter will contain your APPLICANT NUMBER
- This applicant number is to be used in all communication with the University
- You will also receive a brochure indicating the SUPPORTING documents that you will need to submit to the University by the application closing dates for your application to be considered complete
STEP 3 – UPLOAD SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
- To upload supporting documents, go to http://studentdocumentupload.uwc.ac.za/ complete the form and upload required documents
- Current Matriculants, do not need to upload any supporting documentation
- Already Matriculated: Upload your matric certificate/foreign school leaving certificate.
- Attending Another Tertiary Institution: Upload a certified copy of your academic record and certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar.
STEP 4 – OFFER TO STUDY
- Successful applicants will receive communication via email offering a firm place and information about registration and orientation for 2021
- Once a FIRM/FINAL offer is received, applicants will be required to ACCEPT the offer within the designated time
- Should you not ACCEPT your offer in the designated period you will forfeit your place to study (your offer will expire)
- You may however, call or email the UWC Contact Centre and enquire as to whether your offer is still available even after it has expired and have it accepted on your behalf
- Applicants who have accepted their offers will receive communication via email informing them about registration and orientation for 2021.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- Do not submit a new application
- Check with the Contact Centre if you may change your programme choice
- Should your contact details change please contact the UWC Contact Centre and update your details
UWC Online Application: You can visit the University of the Western Cape Online Application System for a full guide on how to apply >>https://www.uwc.ac.za/apply-now
Make sure that your UWC Online Application is complete to ensure successful application and your chance of being accepted with The University of the Western Cape (UWC), In case your application for admission to study through the University of the Western Cape is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period.
Once your UWC Online Application has been successfully submitted, it is recommended to track your UWC Online Application status at the University of the Western Cape online application System so that you can check if your application has been accepted or rejected for more details about How to track the University of the Western Cape application status Check this link >> University of the Western Cape status application – University of the Western Cape tracking status
Please note that the number of applicants usually far exceeds the number of spaces available in various programmes. As a result offers are based on merit and availability of space, not all applicants who meet the minimum admission requirements for their programme/s of choice, can be made an offer to study. Make sure you have applied to more that one institution and type of tertiary education institution.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
Do not submit a new application
Check with the Contact Centre (+27 21 959 3900/01 or email@example.com) if you may change your programme choice
Should your contact details change please contact the UWC Contact Centre (+27 21 959 3900/01 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and update your details.