The University of the Witwatersrand WITS Online Application window for admission into undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees), Honors degrees & postgraduate diplomas, and Master’s & doctoral qualifications for the current academic year is now open.
If you are an aspirant seeking admission to undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of the Witwatersrand WITS you must apply for admission Via the University of the Witwatersrand online application page.
The application window is open for; First-time University of the Witwatersrand applicants, University of the Witwatersrand students changing to a new qualification and/or specialization Applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space or who were offered a space, accepted the offer and did not register and students completing a higher certificate or any other programme and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
It is well known that the University of the Witwatersrand Application for admission for 2023/2024 is a crucial moment anticipated by many students who wish to study at The University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) for undergraduate and Postgraduate qualifications for the 2023/2024 academic year
To assure that your application is successfully submitted to the University of the Witwatersrand, all applications for admission must be submitted online during the prescribed application period. You are also advised to submit your application before the deadline and consider attaching all the required Documents for the WITS Online Application. Please check this post for details on the University of the Witwatersrand application dates and deadlines
WITS ONLINE APPLICATION IMPORTANT NOTES
Before applying for admission at The University of the Witwatersrand (WITS;
- Make sure you meet the admission requirements and the required academic points score for your chosen qualification. Every qualification is unique and may require a specific set of subjects and points to To familiarize yourself with the University of the Witwatersrand admission requirements here
- Make sure you have done your research to find out what you need to apply. For more details about the University of the Witwatersrand offered courses and programs, Please Check the University of the Witwatersrand prospectus here
- Have Valid Contact Details: Ensure that you have a valid cellphone number and email address. The University of the Witwatersrand corresponds with applicants during and after the application process. Only provide one email address and cellphone number to receive your messages on time.
- Prepared Your Documents: These documents will be required from students applying to study at the University of the Witwatersrand for the first time. You will need to upload them as part of your application so make sure you have the following before you begin the online process. For all students who wish to apply for admission at the University of the Witwatersrand are recommended to have the following essential documents/attachments (scanned & uploaded to an electronic device)
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
How to Apply for admission at WITS University of the Witwatersrand – Apply online at WITS University of the Witwatersrand for 2023/2024
University of the Witwatersrand WITS Online Application process can be a little bit challenging especially If you are a new applicant, below you will find a full guide about how to apply for 2023 academic year admission at the University of the Witwatersrand;
WITS Online Application guidelines
Apply online by following these easy guidelines- WITS Online Application
You are encouraged to submit your application online
- Step 1 – Click on the link above and select the relevant option. This will enable you to create a profile and password to continue with an online application. Please ensure you use your current e-mail address and current cell number as you will be sent numerous e-mails and SMS’s with important information before and after submitting your application.
- Step 2 – Once your password has been created and you have confirmed your e-mail address you will be directed to the application portal to start your application. A series of details are required (contact details, employment information, academic qualifications, etc.).
- Step 3 –You will need to upload your academic qualifications and any other additional documents required before you will be able to submit the application. Note that this does not apply to the following items – Application Fee, SAQA certificate of evaluation, Final Academic Record.
- Step 4 – Once you have submitted the application an e-mail will be sent to you confirming that the application has been submitted, and a letter of acknowledgement will follow the next day.
- Step 5 – The uploaded documents will be verified in order to complete the application, after which the application is sent to the School for evaluation.
- Step 6 – Places are limited, therefore you may only accept one offer. You are required to respond to hte offer within a few days to secure your place. Download the Acceptance Guide
The Checklist Explanation Document will guide you in defining the documents that are required for your WITS Online Application should you not be certain.
Outstanding documents must be uploaded via the student self-service portal @ https://self-service.wits.ac.za. Student ID is your person/student number; Password is your date of birth in the format ‘YYMMDD.
Student ID: Student Number/ Person Number
Password: If DOB is 1991/09/28 you enter in 910928
- Download the Self-Service Guide here.
- Alternatively, watch the video here.
Once you have logged on, click the Student Centre tile, check your ‘To do’ list, and click Manage Documents to upload any outstanding items.
Remember to save your documents and name them correctly as you can only upload them once against a particular category.
Successful applicants are not required to submit certified hard copies of academic qualifications (academic record/s, graduation certificate/s) to accept an offer due to the current Coronavirus outbreak and lockdown. However, the University will verify any information/documentation submitted and in the event that any fraudulent document/s and/or other misrepresentation has been provided, will immediately cancel your registration, record such action against your record, and report the matter to the South African Police Service as per the revised Legal Declaration of Indemnity and Undertaking.
International applicants (WITS Online Application) – Please Note:
If you are an international applicant with Foreign Qualifications or a South African citizen who has studied at a Foreign Institution, please be reminded that the University will require you to have these evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA ) before your application can be deemed as complete to be evaluated.
Documents may be couriered to:
- Student Enrolment Centre
Solomon Mahlangu House – Ground Floor
University of the Witwatersrand
1 Jan Smuts Avenue
Application fee banking details- WITS Online Application
- Standard Bank: Braamfontein
Branch code: 004805
Account number: 200 346 385
SWIFT Code SBZAZAJJ
- Use your person/student number as the reference.
Changed your mind about your choice of study? -WITS Online Application
- DO NOT submit a new application!
- Refer to the closing dates to see if applications are still open for your new selection.
- If you are certain you want to change your programme choice, amend your choices at https://forms.gle/f34qM9K114qhdqFD8. It is advisable to avoid multiple changes.
- Should your contact details change (e.g. email, residential or postal address or contact numbers) update your new details on the student self-service portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
Submit your application online
Make sure that your WITS Online Application is complete to ensure successful application and your chance of being accepted with The University of the Witwatersrand (WITS), In case your application for admission to study through the University of the Witwatersrand is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period.
Once your WITS Online Application has been successfully submitted, it is recommended to track your WITS Online Application status at the University of the Witwatersrand online application System so that you can check if your application has been accepted or rejected for more details about How to track the University of the Witwatersrand application status Check this link >> University of the Witwatersrand status application – University of the Witwatersrand tracking status
Leave a Reply