The University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Online Application window for admission into undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees), Honors degrees & postgraduate diplomas, and Master’s & doctoral qualifications for the current academic year is now open.
If you are an aspirant seeking admission to undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN you must apply for admission Via the University of Kwazulu Natal online application page.
The application window is open for; First-time University of Kwazulu Natal applicants, University of Kwazulu Natal students changing to a new qualification and/or specialization Applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space or who were offered a space, accepted the offer and did not register and students completing a higher certificate or any other programme and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
It is well known that the University of Kwazulu Natal Application for admission for 2023/2024 is a crucial moment anticipated by many students who wish to study at The University of Kwazulu Natal (UKZN) for undergraduate and Postgraduate qualifications for the 2023/2024 academic year
To assure that your application is successfully submitted to the University of Kwazulu Natal, all applications for admission must be submitted online during the prescribed application period. You are also advised to submit your application before the deadline and consider attaching all the required Documents for the UKZN Online Application. Please check this post for details on the University of Kwazulu Natal application dates and deadlines
UKZN ONLINE APPLICATION IMPORTANT NOTES
Before applying for admission at The University of Kwazulu Natal (UKZN;
- Make sure you meet the admission requirements and the required academic points score for your chosen qualification. Every qualification is unique and may require a specific set of subjects and points to To familiarize yourself with the University of Kwazulu Natal admission requirements here
- Make sure you have done your research to find out what you need to apply. For more details about the University of Kwazulu Natal offered courses and programs, Please Check the University of Kwazulu Natal prospectus here
- Have Valid Contact Details: Ensure that you have a valid cellphone number and email address. The University of Kwazulu Natal corresponds with applicants during and after the application process. Only provide one email address and cellphone number to receive your messages on time.
- Prepared Your Documents: These documents will be required from students applying to study at the University of Kwazulu Natal for the first time. You will need to upload them as part of your application so make sure you have the following before you begin the online process. For all students who wish to apply for admission at the University of Kwazulu Natal are recommended to have the following essential documents/attachments (scanned & uploaded to an electronic device)
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
How to Apply for admission at UKZN University of Kwazulu Natal – Apply online at UKZN University of Kwazulu Natal for 2023/2024
University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Online Application process can be a little bit challenging especially If you are a new applicant, below you will find a full guide about how to apply for 2023 academic year admission at the University of Kwazulu Natal;
- Step #1: Visit the University of Kwazulu Natal website and click on the Admission > Apply for Admission (UKZN Online Application) link for undergraduate students or postgraduate applicants, from there you will be able to make your selection and proceed to the Registration, Application, and document uploading stage. Here is the link to the University of Kwazulu Natal Online application System
- Step #2: University of Kwazulu Natal UKZN Online Registration; after clicking the link on step one above, it will direct you to the University of Kwazulu Natal Online application System form where you should fill in all the required information, If you are a First-time applicant then you need to get registered first, First-time applicants are applicants that have not used the University of Kwazulu Natal online application system before and have no accounts to enable them to log in to the system using their username and passwords. The information needed during the registration stage includes your name, email, password, type of programme you are applying for, and your qualification mode.
- Step #3: Upload supporting documents; Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and University of Kwazulu Natal students starting a new qualification). The due date for uploading the required documents is the closing date for applications. No documents submitted after the closing date for applications will be accepted. The University of Kwazulu Natal does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the UKZN Online Application process.
- Step #4: UKZN Application fee payments: Pay the application fee once you’ve received a student number from the University of Kwazulu Natal. Use the student number you receive from the University of Kwazulu Natal and the application fee reference number (ie STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030). Your application will only be accepted and processed once the fee has been paid.
- Step #6: Submit your completed UKZN Online Application: To complete the application; the applicant is required to complete all steps from Home to Submit your application.
UKZN Internal UKZN Online Application
- If you are a currently registered UKZN student and wish to apply for a different qualification please use the Internal Undergraduate Application Form and email it to Applications@ukzn.ac.za.
- For Internal Undergraduate Applications CLICK HERE
- For Postgraduate Internal Application Form (Excluding Masters or Doctoral Programmes) CLICK HERE
- For Postgraduate Internal Application Form (Masters and Doctoral Programmes) CLICK HERE
- Completed Application forms must be emailed back to Applications@ukzn.ac.za
- Internal Undergraduate students applying for Postgraduate studies may apply online Click here to apply online
UKZN Online Applications
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable)
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South African universities if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for international applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an international applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payment.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
- South African Undergraduate first-time applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za
Make sure that your application is complete to ensure successful application and your chance of being accepted with The University of Kwazulu Natal (UKZN), In case your application for admission to study through the University of Kwazulu Natal is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period.You can visit the University of Kwazulu Natal Online application System for a full guide on how to apply: UKZN Online Application
Once your UKZN Online Application has been successfully submitted, it is recommended to track your UKZN Online Application status at the University of Kwazulu Natal online application System so that you can check if your application has been accepted or rejected for more details about How to track the University of Kwazulu Natal application status Check this link >> University of Kwazulu Natal status application – University of Kwazulu Natal tracking status